"...all horrors are dulled by routine."
~Roberto BolaƱo

Friday, November 2, 2007

TEACHER'S WORK DAY!

Some of you... okay, three of you... have been looking for a new post. The reasons for not updating lately are as follows: planning for class, applying to grad schools (which is like a full-time job and it won't be over until the end of November), not-good-enough ideas, a resulting lack of motivation, as well as general ennui. Also, Florida's brand of winter is seeping into my city. I'm going the fuck outside. Peace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

two farmers from the upstate would like to add to the clamor for more entries.

also, we send lots of love.

also, a friend who is a teach-for-america-alum says you should publish these in a book, and teachers everywhere will gobble it up.

Sarah Kendall said...

I'm definitely interested in more as well (referred by one of the two farmers, i believe..) I've been blogging a bit myself over at thehangingpiano.blogspot.com, but I'm not nearly as well-spoken as you. Maybe I'll improve with time. XD

Anyway, all I've got is third graders. Nowhere near the level of lunacy you've got, even if it is South Philly. good luck, man.

Anonymous said...

I am too. I am so glad someone hates Harry wong as much as I.

Drew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
If you were cool in high school
you didn't ask too many questions.
You could tell who'd been to last night's
big metal concert by the new t-shirts in the hallways.
You didn't have to ask
and that's what cool was:
the ability to deduce,
to know without asking.
And the pressure to simulate coolness
means not asking when you don't know,
which is why kids grow ever more stupid.

~David Berman, from "Self-Portrait at 28"